This class provides further instruction on the software environment with a primary emphasis on the PLC instruction set and unlocking the power of the PLC. Further detail on the use of instructions and the introduction of function block and structured text programming will be covered in this course.
This is Part 2 of a 3 part series, for further instruction; please sign up for PLC103
Prerequisite: PLC101. Also see PLC103.
- Warm-up exercises from previous materials (PLC101)
- Numbering system: Binary, Octal, Decimal, BCD, and Hex
- Memory map-detailed study
- Function code exercises
- Increment and Decrement with differentiation techniques
- Move, Exchange, and Block Transfer
- Compare, Table Compare, and Block Compare
- Shift Registers
- BCD math, Add, Subtract, Divide, and Multiply
- Function Blocks and Structured Text Programming
- Extensive use of the Watch Window and Memory Editor